November 7, 2007

Build-a-Bed

Now that I am a seasoned blogger, let me fill you in on where Brian's been since mid-October: in the garage. He's a workhorse, I tell ya'. Day and night he's been slaving over the L-shaped bunk bed he's building for Whitney and Tay, since they'll share a room, so Baby gets its own.

We knew it would be a huge undertaking, especially since before we began we realized it wasn't going to save us any money over buying a similar one. But this way, Brian gets a project (which he enjoys), and we get the exact bed we had in mind. Here's what the bed will look like, in general:

(except, ours will be cooler). Last night we fully assembled the top bed rail. (I can't believe I am actually saying "we", because Bri does all the work and calls me out there to hold a piece for him!) It looks so cool to see these pieces all come together because of his handy work! I'm certain it will be beautiful when complete - so good job Babe! Unless I can figure out how to get the pictures from our camera onto the computer, you may not see any pictures of the work in progress... We'll see. The bed should be done by Christmas, because we've already told Whitney and Taylor that's what they're getting.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Sweeeeet Bed! Whit & Tay are two lucky kids! It is always satisfying making/building something yourself instead of just buying it at the store. Good work Brian (and Steph for assisting when needed)!

Melinda said...

Go Brian, that's some serious ambition! It looks great and like the kids will love it.