November 15, 2007

Dogs aren't man's best friend, I am!

I must be, because when one of my best girlfriends in the whole wide world asks me to do one of these 'chain letter-type' posts, I (reluctantly so) fulfill my obligation as one good friend does. Well, sort of. I'm not sure I'm going to 'tag' anyone myself, as I am tired, and may not want to chase anyone. At any rate, 'tag' is not just for elementary kids, apparently, so read on...

RULES:
1. List the link to your tagger and also post the 'rules'.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird, etc.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your blog also leaving the links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are "tagged" by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. Rules were made to be broken (I'm a bad seed).

Facts About Steph:
1. I was born and raised in Salt Lake County, UT and have never lived anywhere else. I am OK with that. I have never felt like I was missing out by not leaving UT for an extended period of time, regardless of what others think. I figure, I have a good thing going, why mess with that. Besides, we love to travel, and we have good reason to do it often.

2. I have never had my hair colored or dyed, and my first professional haircut was done when I was 20 years-old (Mom cut it until then). The thing is, with the coloring, I figure this is what God gave me, and he does nice work. We'll see as I get older, though, with the grey. (If it's a pretty grey, that's one thing. Grandma Barb has pretty grey hair. But then there's the ugly grey; if I get that, I may change my mind.)

3. I have worked at the following places (in order):
  • Macey's
  • Classic Skating
  • ZCMI Corp Office
  • University of Phoenix (instructed Seinfeld philosophy, no not really, managed office at night)
  • Sears (data entry)
  • Home (Wife & Mom - my favorite)
  • Macey's (again)
  • Access Development
  • Home (again, yea! Wife & Mom - still my favorite)

4. I was a dancer for 15 years of my life (3-18) and spent my high school years on the dance company. Loved it. Quit dancing when I graduated h.s. (except for in my kitchen & family room - by myself & with my hubby & kids). And I am OK with that too.

5. I am sure that my associations in the pre-earth life included that of Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jason Alexander, and Michael Richards. I just think we get each other. Well, I know I get them, and I'm sure if they could recall the friendship, they'd agree they get me too.

6. No matter my age, I still feel 18. My dad says that's normal, and he does too.

7. My passions:

  • My husband & children - I'd do anything in my power to ensure our family's success & happiness.
  • My faith - I'd do anything necessary to defend my religion.
  • Exceeding expectations in whatever I do. (I like to be liked, and I like what I do to be liked. I'm sure this is consistent with my personality traits as described by Dr. Hartman. In high school I was Red/Yellow, evenly split - NO blue or white. After years of marriage & children I am Red/Blue, pretty evenly split, little yellow, still NO white.)

For now, that's it. I am going to snuggle up to my best friend and catch up on tonight's episodes of 'The Office' and '30 Rock', and eat some pie. Maybe later I'll tag a few of my closest;) Love ya'll.

...Alright it's a new day, and tag, you're it:

Aaron & Teresa, Mandy, Jenny, and Mandi!

3 comments:

val said...

Hi Steph! Fun to read your "tag" and fun to see what you and your family have been up to. Yeah for blogs!

Unknown said...

If rules were meant to be broken then I am breaking the rules here. I liked reading yours, but I am not going to do my own. Broken! (sound effect of breaking glass) Love you! Hope you are feeling better each day. I'll miss you on Thanksgiving!

airteresa said...

I love you sister...so that's why I am going to respond to your chain blog post without tagging you back. But I won't be posting a chain blog post of my own. Tell your friend that your siblings are boring people without any spice in their life. Love you - see you Thursday.
Aaron, Teresa, Corinne, Landon