Christmas morning came and even though you may find it surprising, it really wasn't to us, that the kids DID NOT want to get out of bed. In fact, when we initially woke Whitney, she decided she'd rather go back to sleep for awhile. Finally, we coaxed both from their visions of sugar plums to see what Santa brought.


As you can see from the pics, Christmas brought with it this year (as with every other) too much stuff. The kids knew all along that they were getting their new beds and dressers for Christmas, but of course, we didn't hold back on 'other stuff', and, well, let's just say they received enough, so that even though they weren't quite sleeping in their new beds yet, it didn't really matter.
As you can see from the pics, Christmas brought with it this year (as with every other) too much stuff. The kids knew all along that they were getting their new beds and dressers for Christmas, but of course, we didn't hold back on 'other stuff', and, well, let's just say they received enough, so that even though they weren't quite sleeping in their new beds yet, it didn't really matter.
Brian surprised me too! I really wanted this stinkin' cute pair of shoes that I had seen at Heels N' Toes. He was well aware of this, and I knew that it would be difficult for him to go into the store and select the pair that I had described (even though I'm positive the romantic in him would've done whatever it took to get the right pair). So I did him the favor of just buying them and bringing them home for him to wrap. Oh, he wrapped them alright! He wrapped my Seinfeld Season 9 in the actual shoebox, and had me open that one first. I kinda figured something was up, but didn't expect to find one shoe in several layers of wrapping paper rolled around it, and the other in a wooden box he had made and screwed shut! It was wrapped and hidden on top of the kitchen cabinets (where of course I can't see)! The whole idea was very fun and cute, and Brian and the kids loved the excitement of me finally getting to my shoes!
Brian and I were spoiled with the gifts we received too: digital camera, clothes, music (soundtracks from Dan in Real Life and Enchanted), entertainment (Seinfeld 9 and Spelling Bee tickets), relaxing goodies, and good-smelling stuff. I'm sure there's stuff I forgot to list, and that's why I keep telling myself every year that "this is the year we scale down", and it hasn't worked thus far, but I'm not giving up on the idea.
Once we were done destroying our own living room, it was off to my parents to do the same to theirs! More traditions with the Christmas brunch! Aaron, Teresa, and kids came from Logan, so everyone was able to be there. My mom made yummy omelets, and all the fixins. You may have read from other family blogs too that the bacon caught fire -not once, but twice! Oh, my favorite quote of the day, uncle Jeff, "Brenda is there supposed to be a fire in the oven?"
The kids played with their new toys, and their cousins, and their cousins' toys. Then later in the day, it was off with Daddy Brad for more Christmas fun at the Olson's (a.k.a more stuff)!
Christmas night was low-key, as usual. We went to pick up the kids, visited with the Olson's for a few, came home, and retired our tired little heads. And the countdown begins again... 365 days 'til Christmas 2008!

2 comments:
It looks like you had a great Christmas season! My goodness those kids are getting bigger and cuter!
Yea for updating your blog Stephers! Great Christmas pictures. I don't think I have seen "the shoes" - now I'm curious.
Post a Comment