February 15, 2008

Catch My Drift

Wednesday Utah got pounded by a great snow storm. It was supposed to brush right by, dropping a couple inches at the most. Instead it camped out and dropped more than a foot on us. That would have been a lot in and of itself, but the wind blew all night long at 30-50 MPH. (That's one thing we have bragging rights to out here on the west side. Lots of wind.) That left us with some pretty sweet snow drifts that piled up. I spent about 2 hours clearing the driveway of the 3 to 4 foot drifts. Here are a couple shots:





(Editors note: I had a great idea to jump into the 5 foot drift in front of the house, I thought it would make a great picture, but it was too cold for Steph to go outside and she didn't want me getting all covered in snow. Oh well, maybe I am getting too old for that sort of thing.)

2 comments:

--jeff * said...

dang, seriously cool pictures, amigo. the only thing that would make them better is you jumping in the middle of them. if i remember correctly, whit's a pretty good photographer....

Unknown said...

Wow! I also haven't looked at your blog in a long time apparently! Where did all of these posts come from? I love the bunk beds they look so good! I also love Taylor's people but I saw those at the super bowl. Are you gettin' ready to have a baby yet? I am gettin' excited for a new... niece? That is my official guess.