Today was a splendid day! The only thing that could have made it better - actually making it to church. But we are not quite in our routine. Yes, we blessed James last week, but that doesn't mean he is sleeping a whole lot yet; therefore, I am tired. Brian has been doing a great job at taking Whitney and Taylor to church all on his own the past couple months, but since today was my day, they stayed home and my wonderful, cute, adoring family took care of me!
They gave me presents: the movie Juno (if you haven't seen it, you should - perfect for Mother's Day), the cutest homemade cards ever, and a picture of the egg poacher that will show up via UPS this week! (I love poached eggs because it reminds me of staying at my Grandma Gwen's, and I've wanted a pan like this for some time now, so I gently reminded Brian that Williams Sonoma had them on sale around Mother's Day, and he was so good to get it for me.)
Then, as if that wasn't enough, I got breakfast in bed. Yea! I love breakfast in bed. I think it's just been since I was pregnant and sick that I had it last (I'm the luckiest to have Bri).
I must say that I really do consider myself the "luckiest". I have the best job in the world - that of wife and mom. I love my babies and love watching them grow. I love being a parent with Brian - he's an amazing partner. Thanks to my parents, and to Brad, Brian, Whitney, Taylor, and James for helping me be a mom.

No comments:
Post a Comment