May 5, 2009

Welcome Baby Boy Billingsley!

We welcomed our brand new baby boy to our little family today.

He was born at 7:39 pm MDT weighing in at 7 lbs 10 oz and 21 inches long.

He wouldn't come on his own so we had to be induced. It felt a little weird for Steph to come to the hospital without being in labor but after a few minutes of the Pitocin and we were in business. After waiting for nearly 7 hours the doctor decided to do a "trial" push. That's all it took. One hard push and a couple little ones and he was here.

My first thoughts when I saw his face was that he looked like James but really we're not sure who he looks like. We'll have to let the swelling go down a bit to get a solid verdict on that one.

His big sister and brothers were very excited to finally meet him. Whit was a bit disappointed at first but all she had to do was hold him for a few minutes and she was in love.



9 comments:

The Williams Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

Congratulations! This explains why you weren't able to talk to me online yesterday. I can't wait to come visit everyone. Have you picked a name yet?

I love you!

Kristen said...

He's beautiful and you look great Steph! I can't wait to meet him and neither can Talmage. They can grunt and spit up with each other. :)

I'll call you next week some time. Love you!

--jeff * said...

congratulations, you awesome people!
i don't have a vote on whom he looks like, but he is very cute!

The Williams Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Williams Family said...

I keep leaving comments calling you my cousin, I keep forgetting that you are my uncle because you are so young! Anyway, congrats! You are now a family of 6! I can't wait to give him lots of kisses! See you guys at the reunion!

Emily said...

Congratulations Steph!! We are so happy for you. We can't wait to meet him!

Mandi said...

Yeah,I have loved getting updates from my mom! Sorry I always call her when you are VTing. There is always come crisis here, and it is when you are at her house! Have fun with your new one. He is a cutie!

Angelee said...

I am so excited for your darling little family! He is precious.