July 22, 2007

Super Saturday

Yesterday really wore us out. We woke the kids up early so that we could go to the Days of 47 Youth Parade. Our stake was invited to participate in the parade. It was a 4 1/2 block route down 5th South. Knowing our kids well, and how much they like to walk, we decided to get the wagon from Grandma Brenda's house.

The wagon was such a comfy ride that even Steph got in on the action. After waiting 47 hours, the parade finally began. The hardest part of the wait was smelling Rodizio Grill starting up their fires for the day. I still think we should have done as the pioneers and gathered at Rodizio's after the parade. In true pioneer fashion I did pull my whole family in the wagon behind me. It was a lot of fun.


That evening we had our first ever neighborhood BBQ. Steph and our neighbor Pam planned the whole thing and everyone had a really good time. Several families came and even an old couple showed up! Whit played with the other girls in the neighborhood and Tay tried to put the moves on the 21 month old from next door again. We stayed out talking with everyone until after 11 at which time it became very apparent that the children needed to get to bed. So we called it a night. Good job on a successful get-together, Love. Messy Taylor agrees we should do it again really soon.


3 comments:

Send in the Clown said...

I like saturdays that are super.

Mandy said...

Sounds like a fun, yet busy day! We miss the 24th of July celebration!! Today just seemed like any other day here in Minnesota. Evan and I are excited to see you guys soon (we fly out tomorrow!)!

Unknown said...

Your neighborhood picnic sounds like a great idea. Maybe someday I will do something like that... someday, (sigh).