
Abravanel Hall, June 27, 2008, 7 p.m.
What a terrific venue for a terrific show! Yes, this is the third time I have seen him live in Salt Lake doing pretty much the same material. It's classic Jerry, though, and well worth it!
The opener was a different guy this time. Tom Papa, I think. He had a few funny jokes, but we thought it took him awhile to get there, and most of his stuff was either dumb or crude - neither of which makes for funny. So we were very excited when Jerry took the stage.
Now, I would not want to be the first to suggest Jerry's popularity is waning, but I think I was the only one to stand when he came out, and that's just wrong.
His set was great, just what we expected. It was weird, because Rob asked us to share some funny Jerry jokes when we got home, and we couldn't think of much, but I've heard most of the jokes several times and we were laughing the entire time, so just trust me, it was good stuff.
And yes, we'll be there next time. Maybe we'll be nice enough to invite others as well (sorry about this time Mom & Dad).

No comments:
Post a Comment