October 3, 2008

Baby S

Stands for Surprise! Yep we were too! But we realize that sometimes blessings come even when we don't expect them, and now that we are expecting this blessing, we are excited for all of the wonderful chaos to ensue.

Today we went to the doctor and this is what we came home with:

A very clear picture of what is going on in there, don't ya' think? Yes, it's kind of difficult to tell, but trust us, it was very clear on the monitor. Anywho, it was confirmed, there is one in there, and only one! Whew.

Taylor and James came along to the appointment, and Taylor still has no idea. I love kids. He even asked while we were in the waiting room if we were at the hospital ("hosable", as he says). When we said "Yes", he asked if the doctor was going to get a baby out of Mommy's belly ('cause that's all they must do at the hosable). We simply said "Nope" and that was that. He listened to all the conversations, watched the ultrasound, and still had no idea what was really going on. Cute.

So, here's the 411:
We found out: Sunday, August 24
We are due: end of April 2009 (28, 29), which makes us about 10 weeks along right now
Whitney will be 8, Taylor will be 4, and James will be 13 1/2 months old. Woo hoo!
I am feeling: sick, tired, overwhelmed, excited, motherly, fat, but sometimes beautiful, blessed, loved, disorganized
Right now, I am most excited about: being pregnant and having a baby right along with my sister. I've never been the only one that was pregnant in my family (for very long, at least), which makes it more fun, but Taylor and Baby S are the closest to their cousins. Tay is only a week apart from Evan, and Jenny's due date is just days after mine. I don't think we could time it that well if we tried!
We will soon need to: say "goodbye" to our Accord and get a new vehicle (with any luck it will not be a minivan, but I am preparing for worst-case scenario); finish another bedroom; buy another crib, dresser

...

I'd like to say that the reason I haven't updated the blog is because I just haven't been feeling well (which is true) but really, it's because we're still not "moved in" yet (it always takes me a long while and I hate moving). But we are loving our new place, and as soon as I feel things are put together, I will be back. So, you may read from us in about a year. 'Til then!

9 comments:

Kristen said...

Okay, so really, I don't swear much, but OH MY HELL! What a HUGE surprise! And you're only six weeks behind me! We'll have little monsters together! AHHHHH!!!

And you dweeb - you totally knew when I saw you at the fair and you didn't say anything. You owe me a secret!

So let's get together and puke. Good times for sure.

The Tucketts said...

Ha ha! I love Kristen's comment! That is hilarious! Anyway, congrats! I'm excited for baby S, just think about what great friends it can be with James. My vote is NOT for a mini-van, also (remember we we thought mini-vans were super cool, when Brenda was getting a new car cuz the white car died in a girls camp accident, ah, memories)! Tell Brian mini-van=mini man, something to think about.

Emily said...

Oh Steph! Congratulations! Sorry you are feeling so icky but I'm glad to hear there is a reason I haven't heard from you in so long!

April is such a perfect month for a baby! Yeah!

We love you and we'll be praying for you!

Michelle said...

SO SO SO excited for you guys!

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Taylor's comment = LOL! I love it!

Melinda said...

Congrats Congrats! Let us know what we can do to help. We are great at painting, fabulous at babysitting and willing to help any time.

Lindsey said...

I agree with Kristen when you saw us at the fair and didn't say anything.....shame on you!! Congratulations! Let us know what we can do to help!

Whit said...

I'm excited to be a BIG SISTER because it's going to be fun! I'm excited to be a big sister again!