August 18, 2007

C ya Chi-town

Of all the random things to happen ...

I decided to go out for lunch yesterday because I just couldn't stand to eat the catered lunch of the Gleacher Center again - no offense Wolfgang. While wandering towards Michigan Ave wondering where I was going to eat I noticed two familiar people standing along side the road looking at a map. I couldn't believe it but there were Jenny and Eric with Eric's folks, Kent and Anne. I knew they were in town but never imagined we'd be able to actually meet up with how busy schedules get. And there they were just standing around. I was able to direct them to the restaurant they were looking for (they couldn't find it because they were standing on top of it and didn't realize, Chicago is weird like that.) Kent was even nice enough to buy my lunch. Thanks!!! Hope y'all enjoyed your trip.

I do have to give a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Kris today. Hope it's a good one sis!

Well after 3 long weeks it is finally time for me to bid farewell to The Windy City and return home to be with my loving family. It's been fun and I've got some great memories of this great place but I can't wait to get home.


I love you Steph, see you in the morning!!!

2 comments:

Steph said...

You bet it's high time you come home! I have missed you sooo much and can't wait to see your smilin' face in the morning! I did have a wonderful time with you in that big, busy, stinky, noisy, humid, fascinating place of a city, so thank you sooo much for bringing me out and showing me a good time, Baby! I was very impressed at how, even though you were there only a short time you navigated your way through like it was your second home. You're like a cat, or a homing pigeon. Anywho, come home safely, we love you!

Kristen said...

Yea! Bri's coming home! I don't know how you did it Steph. Three weeks with two kids all by yourself, plus being pukey on top of that. I would have waved the white flag after just a few days.