She is just plain miserable and we all just keep waiting on baby. In the last week Steph has only had one full night of sleep and is now just plain exhausted. The contractions have been going for a couple days, really good for the last 24 hours or so but still no sign of baby.
That's OK though cuz we've been having fun this last week. Last Tuesday Steph and I got to see the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee at Kingsbury Hall. We laughed ourselves silly. I was actually sore the next day from laughing so hard. If you have a chance, we recommend you check it out. Here's a small clip from a performance at the Tony's a couple years ago:
There was a great Taylor moment the other morning. As Steph opened the blinds in the kitchen she commented on the bright sun shining thru. Taylor then asked "What sun, mommy?" To which Steph replied "You know, the big, bright fireball in the sky". Without missing a beat Taylor said "Oh, that one ... yeah."
In other big news, Whit lost another tooth today! I think that makes like a zillion at this point. As she told Taylor that he had to fall asleep fast so the tooth fairy could come and leave her money he proclaimed "I want money!" Our kids sure do have their priorities straight.
Now all we do is wait and it's wearing on Steph. I talked to baby thru her tummy the other night and told it that it's lease was up, that it was time to vacate the premises, but that we had prepared some nice accommodations for it here on the outside. It must still be packing or something. But stay tuned, it could show up anytime ...

6 comments:
I am so excited for you guys... but yes, that waiting game is a tricky thing!
We totally need to come visit- it's been too long (your wedding day) However we don't want to bring cooties to beautiful new babies. So maybe we can plan something fun for April...or when you guys are up for it! Just know we think you are simply marvelous and I love your blog. It's always fun to see what you are up to.
P.S. That's one cute pregnant belly!
We are waiting by the phone for the baby news! We are excited that we will be in town to meet the little munchin! Steph you look really good. I don't know what all of this big belly talk is about. You look awesome, especially for your third! I am making bets from the size of your belly that the baby isn't a 9 lb 10 ouncer like Lily!! Now go do some jumping jacks!
Sending labor vibes your way - however it is we do that. :) You look cute with that big belly. It looks like a little bowling ball in there.
I also have to mention this story. Remember the Winger's incident? So I get my credit card bill today - the charge on the card is $15 more than on my receipt. Apparently Mr. I-am-the-worst-waiter-EVER wanted to give himself a little tip. I'm headed into Winger's tomorrow to resolve this little issue.
Is this turning into a Seinfeld episode or what?
Steph, you may be completely uncomfortable, but I still think you look dang cute! Hang in there!
I saw the Spelling Bee on Thursday night and laughed my head off! The actors are so clever and quick witted! You would think with all that laughter Steph could have gone in to labor. She was probably hoping! Anyway, Good luck you guys with everything!
You are aware that Julie, Brian and I were born way past our due date. I'm hoping for your sake that the Billingsley genes do not prevail here. On the bright side, these days they induce you, so perhaps you won't have to go six weeks past your due date :)
Post a Comment